Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The costlier Bihar


It was month of august 2007. I got down from train at Barauni station and made a call to my BOSS to inform him that I have reached the Barauni station. He suggested me to hire a car for hotel Blue Diamond-a room was already booked. As I entered the hotel room there was no power no water in bathroom, in my whole life that was the first time I saw a hotel without such basic facilities. Unfortunately that hotel belongs to one of our dealers. When I was checking out he was not accepting the money. After sometimes I just kept the money on the reception and left. It gave me one lesson-never stay in a hotel of the persons who need your service.
Similar is the case with most of the hotels in Bihar. You can find some hotels in Patna having good facilities but charges are very high than expected. There is a city called Birganj in Nepal just at boarder of Bihar 2-3KM from Raxaul- a place in bihar. We have a retail outlet in Raxaul. We took a room in Nepal when we were on inspection of petrol pumps. We were surprised to see the difference in service and cost of room.

Whenever I received a call from my friends, they used to say, “It is Bihar very cheap you must be saving lots of money.” I could just laugh at my situation at these moments. Here also I realised if you want to live a middle standard life you must have your own conveyance. The ways of conveyance are trekkers, trains, taxies and buses. In Barauni there is no auto so we have to travel by trekkers or taxies. Trekkers charges 5-10 Rs for 10-20KM and taxi charges 220Rs for same distance.
If you sit in a trekker you are gonna pissed so either you should live like a king or live like a poor beggar choice is yours but remember for living like a king you will have to pay.
After two months of job I got my daily allowances of training period. Money was enough to buy a good mobile phone. I went to a shop nearby Begusarai (a district of Bihar) market. Sales man showed me moto ming of Motorola when I demanded Moto Rocker. He convinced me to buy Moto ming also the look of moto ming was far better than moto rocker. I took it for an amount of Rs.14000/-
After two three days in great pleasure for possessing such a beautiful phone with touch screen when I told about this to one of my friends who was in Bangalore. He informed me that same model mobile phone was being sold for 12000/- in Bangalore.
This is not case with mobile phones but for all the electronics gadgets i.e. laptop, digital camera, I-Pod etc. all you will find costlier in Bihar than most of the places.

1 comment: